- When do we collect personal information?
- Make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we collect transaction-based data);
- Create an account with us;
- Join us a Member (Waggy)
- Join us as a Pack Leader
- Visit any of our Websites or Apps, and use your account to buy products and services, or redeem vouchers from us on the phone or online;
- Purchase a product or service by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account;
- Engage with us on social media;
- Download or install one of our Apps;
- Contact us by any means with questions about a product or to raise a complaint;
- Ask one of our colleagues to email you information about a product or service;
- Enter prize draws or competitions;
- Comment on or review our products and services. Any individual may access personal information related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the colleague who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested;
- Fill in any forms, such as questionnaires
- Have given a third party permission to share the personal information they hold about you with us;
Phone us, we sometimes record phone conversations for record or training purposes.
- What personal information do we collect and why?
- Process your online orders including sending order confirmation and delivery information via email or text message, or process payments due to us:
- Contact you about your pet, your order, account or credit status where required;
- Deliver safe and secure shopping by helping to prevent and detect fraud – to do this, we may need to disclose information to assist legal or debt recovery processes;
- Understand your needs and listen to your feedback via market research/shopping analysis, customer polls and surveys;
- Enhance the Your Dog’s Club experience by delivering personally tailored retail offers;
- Send you marketing and promotional offers and to manage your marketing preferences if you elect to receive marketing and promotional offers from us via email and SMS;
- To administer your membership and to contact you with offers and promotions associated with your membership from selected third party partners;
- Speed up your form filling processes if you've registered online;
- Provide you with information about the fundraising activities of our affiliated charities.
- Respond to any issues or queries via our member retention team;
- Conduct analytics to understand how our services are used and to improve your customer experience; and/or
- Notify you about changes to our service.
When you use our Websites as a registered or guest user, we also collect your email address and may contact you to let you know if you abandon a purchase part way through the process and have unpurchased items in your basket.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Websites or Apps, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, operating system, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Websites and Apps, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Websites or Apps, where they come from, what content on our Websites and Apps is of interest to them, what they have viewed or looked at and in some instances what they have purchased. We use this information for internal analytics purposes, to improve the quality and relevance of our Websites and Apps to our visitors and users and to deliver personally tailored retail offers (both on the website and through triggered email, SMS and direct mail (but only where you have agreed to these channels)).
Some of this information may be collected using cookies, tracking pixels and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” .
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
If you have any questions about the third parties we obtain personal information from, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading .
Enhancing our data
Where we have obtained your personal information from various sources (including personal information we have lawfully obtained from third parties) we may combine this information in certain circumstances in order to enhance our understanding of your requirements and preferences in relation to our products and services. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests to ensure that we provide you the most appropriate offers for products and services and to personalise your experience as a Pack Leader or Waggy.
We will use the personal information we hold about you (as well as pseudonymised or anonymised information generated from your personal information) to carry out analysis and research. We carry out all such analysis and research on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding our customers and ensuring that our products and services meet the needs of our customers. We undertake data analytics, whereby we combine information we hold on a large scale, in order to:
- Learn more about our customers and their preferences;
- To identify patterns and trends amongst our customers;
- Enhance user experience on our Websites and Apps;
- Provide information, content and offerings tailored to our customers' needs;
- For general research and statistical purposes;
- To help us develop new products and services;
- To monitor performance of our products and services;
- To be able to send you personalised marketing messages; and
- To display online advertisements to you.
- Who do we share your personal information with?
- IT companies who support our Websites, Apps and other business systems;
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers and warehousing facilities;
- Direct marketing, loyalty reward companies or other third parties who help us manage electronic communications with you;
- Data insight and data analysis companies (to provide us with tools to analyse the data which we hold);
- Promotional partners (such as cashback or voucher sites);
- Customer review companies (so you can leave feedback and we can improve our service to you); and/or
- Competition or prize-draw partners.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or apply our , or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your personal information held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous (subject to applicable law).
- Legal basis for processing personal information
♏(i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you,
🌞(ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or
𒈔(iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading .
- How do we keep your personal information secure
- Encrypting your personal information. When you place an order or access your account information, your information will be sent through to us. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us. This protects your confidential data, particularly your credit card details from unauthorised use;
- Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change; and
- Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through our Websites and Apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Your data protection rights
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading .
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading .
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, see the section headed “contacting the regulator” .
- Contacting the regulator
🍃If you feel that your personal information has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal information, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or go online to (opens in a new window; please note we cannot be responsible for the content of external websites).
- How to contact us